Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Be Here Now

I don't know what movie it's from, but I remember the line "Be here now". I was thinking about that the other day. Sometimes I'm someplace else. Let me explain. Sometimes when I'm listening to someone, I'm not listening, I'm thinking aobut something else. It may be something important, but it shouldn't be as important as listening!

I could make all kinds of excuses about ADD, busyness, etc., but it comes down to selfishness (see the last blog). My prayer this week has been to truly listen to people when they talk to me. I want to here not just their words, but their heart as well. If I practice this long enough it will become habit. I could make it a new year's resolution, but I don't want to wait that long! I think that there really is a difference between hearing and listening, and I want to become a listener not just a hearer (kind of like being a doer of the Word, not just a hearer only!). I really want to "be here now"! How about you?

1 Comments:

At 12/16/2006 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suffer from the same disease, especially on sunday mornings :) It's easy to be so focused on a task or thinking of the 20 things I need to get done while intending to hear someones problem. So, you;re not alone - I'm working to improve on this as well. MG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home