Monday, January 29, 2007

Chris Tomlin Concert

I have some posting to get caught up on. Last Thursday night, Paige and I went to the Chris Tomlin concert. He was at the Dodge Theater with Matt Redman and Louis Giglio. It was the first night of their "How Great is our God Tour". I can say simply that they rocked! I was really looking forward to this concert. I love worshipping in music and singing. Paige and I met through music in college. We both sang in the concert choir and I toured with a musical drama group (OK the cat's out of the bag, but my voice is really out of shape). We even sang in our wedding.

Back to the concert. Giglio's message was great. He showed a picture of a star that looked like a cross, and a picture of a protein called melinin that holds our bodies together that is also shaped like a cross. God is truly great and worthy to be praised!

The only thing I wish they did at the concert, was for Matt Redman to sing "Face Down". I really love his writing and that it is founded in Scripture.

It was a great date. Great dinner (Claim Jumper - my favorite), great concert, great company, and a Great God!

1 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 1:51 PM , Blogger Derrick Logan said...

I second your comment on Matt's songwriting (yes, we're on a 'first name basis,' and no, he doesn't know that). He is definitely purposeful in his writing; every word and phrase is meant to be there.

So you sing and act? Add a little bit of interpretive dancing and you're the total package!

Love working with you, Paul. It's sincere pleasure to serve alongside you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home