Thursday, December 07, 2006

Israel's in trouble, again!

In my daily devotions, I have been reading through the prophets. I just finished Amos. in that book, you can easily see that God was really ticked off and sick and tired of all that Israel was doing. Not only had they rebelled against God, but had turned their backs on each other as well.

I have noticed throughout the Bible that God is amazingly forgiving when we rebel against Him, but don't turn your back on others! Don't mistreat His children! He is consistent that we are to love others and care for them. In this Christmas season, there are several ways to show that you care for others. Its the easiest time of year to step up and meet the needs of others. Our family, along with many others at Palm Valley Church, have participated in Operation Christmas Child with their Shoebox Greeting minstry, Operation Christmas Child that serves the families of those in prison, Stockings for Soldiers sending care packages to those serving in our military in harm's way, food for the Phoenix Rescue Mission, and some other stuff I can't remember right now. I hope that this season of caring will be repeated throughout the year. We as a family have helped in other areas in our community. I won't mention them because it's not about us. I hope that you will latch on to something in your community where you can show the love of Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home