Thursday, November 30, 2006

Locusts

There are certain things that just creep me out. Ants the most! I was reading in the book of Joel the past couple of days about the locusts that destroyed Israel's crops. Not just one type of locust but four! I can't begin to imagine how creepy that must have been to not only see one army of these giant grasshoppers flying and crawling there way through everything, but to endure it four times. Not only that, but they were in the midst of a drought too. What a tough time!

You would have thought Israel would have learned their lesson and never turned their backs on God again. But they didn't! If they who had God doing miraculous stuff often couldn't stay focused on Him, is it any wonder that we have such a hard time? The apostle Paul said it best when he wrote that he does the very thing he doesn't want to do, and doesn't do the thing he wants to. That's honest! My prayer today is to have the Holy Spirit magnified in my life so that I will be constantly reminded of God. It says in Colossians that if we focus on Him the things of Earth will fade away. That's what I want! I hope that's what you want to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home