Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Edom's Gonna Get it!

In my daily devotions through the prophets of Israel, today I read Obadiah. In this short book we see God poor out His judgement on Edom. The Edomites are descentents of Esau and have been a thorn in the side of Israel ever since the twins had problems. Edom's arrogance is what ultimately brought it down. It's fortress was thought to be impenetrable, but not for God! Edom would be completely destroyed.

I think this is where the old saying "pride comes before the fall" or something like that, comes from. I also think that our pride and selfishness is at the root of nearly all sin. It's amazing how selfish we are. I can't count how many selfish things I do every day. Which leads me to this. My desire everyday is to become less self-centered, and therefore less selfish. I want to become totally God-centered and Jesus focused. In Colossians it says that if we will focus on the things above, than the things of Earth will fade away. Christmas is a giving time of year, and I love to give. Giving makes me feel good, but isn't that a selfish motive?

My prayer today is that I will focus on Jesus today and give because He gives so much to us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home