Monday, August 11, 2008

Drug OD

Yesterday was a strange day! About midway through our 8:30 service, I still couldn't cool down from being outside (It wasn't even that hot!). My vision started doing weird things. I wasn't feeling bad, which made it that much more puzzling. By the end of service I couldn't see strait and I was a bit woozy. There was huge pressure on my eyes. It was like I was wearing someone else's glasses. I wasn't dizzy, but I was very confused at what was happening.

Paige took me home. She and Ryan helped me to the car. Once I got home I went strait to bed. Paige put some cool wet cloths on me to cool my body down (though I didn't think that I was overheated). I slept for a while.

Throughout the day my vision slowly got better, but wasn't clear until this morning. I had some bouts with nausea and feeling flush. Cool wet cloths helped.

Food went down fine. After dinner, when I took my evening medications, I was thinking that I was short one. Of course it wasn't until after I took them that I thought to take inventory.

So, I think that I took an extra pill in the morning. I'm not sure which one, but I think I double dosed myself. I basically OD'd!

It was scary to say the least. It was really scary for Paige. I hated missing out on what God did at church the rest of the day, but I have a great ministry team who covered things just fine without me!

I'm a little hung over today, but back at it. I'll be hitting Walgreen's at lunch to get a pill organizer to keep my medications separated.

Praise God for his protection!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home