Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Shots I Hate to Love

Yesterday was a big day for me. I saw a new pain management Dr. He was good and explained things well. Communication with a Dr. is so important to me.

Yesterday I got three cortisone shots in my left shoulder. They hurt! If you've never had one of these shots, I'll try to descibe them. When they put the needle in, they know they are in the right place when it hurts the worst. Then, they inject the medicine which burns. The area is weak and tender for a couple of days. Then, POW! It get's so much better. That's the day I look forward to.

Thursday or Friday my shoulder should feel 1000 times better with so much less pain. I can't wait! I hate these shots and put off getting them as long as I can, but I know that they really help.

Next up is preparing for epidural shots in my lower back. The shots are similar, but more pain. They have to use MRI pictures and then live X-ray when they do the shots. It's a bit scary because they have to go right near the spinal chord. The shots happen over a three week period. They sedate me when they do it. I won't be completely out, but close. I hate the process, but love the results.

It makes me think of God's discipline. The Bible says that God disciplines those He loves, which is everyone. I hate being disciplined by God, but I know that once the process is over I will be better. I will be closer and more obedient to Him, which is my life goal and purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home