Sunday, February 18, 2007

PureSex

What a weekend! I loved Greg's comment after service Saturday night, "We're runnning with scissors now!" For a church to talk about sex at all is something. To be open, honest, challenging, and most importantly, Biblical is really rare. It's what being a dangerous church is all about.

Michael Gray is doing a great job with the media on this! He does a great job on our communications stuff, but he has taken it to the next level with this series. We had an artical in the West Valley View which was based on an interview with Greg and Ryan. We had a news spot on the local CBS news Friday Night, and Saturday we had an ABC crew at our services and an interview with Greg and others on the 10:00 news. It was good.

We had a lot of people there this weekend. Some may have only come because of the publicity, but it got them in a place to hear the gospel!

The buzz was great and Greg did a great job. I can't wait for the rest of the series. And yes, people met Jesus!

Our elementary kids kicked off a winter extreme series with snow machines! Yes it was snowing in Goodyear AZ today! Way to go Dave!!!

It was great to see several people come early to pray over the chairs that people would use during the service. People prayed over the seats in the theater on Sunday where the youth meet. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to make it over there, but I know some of the prayer warriors who did, and God knows I was praying as I did other stuff.

Palm Valley Church rocks!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 4:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor, I am Severin NTACOBERA, living in Norway.I watch almost everyday your preaching on Gospel Channel and need to keep in touch with you.How I can get this Miracle Olive oil soap please ?
Stay blessed !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home