Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Stuff

I want my Friday back! Friday is my day off and last week I had planned to finish a project I had been working on in the shop. I got some time, but not what I had planned. I was also planning a great date night (It's a great way to cap off a day off!). All the plans changed because Paige was sick. The world stops turning when she is sick. When the mom/wife is down, everything shuts down! The upside is that I got to take care of her for the day and evening. That's a switch, and I hated that she was sick, but it was nice to take care of her because she always takes such great care of me! Still, I wish I could have the day back, especially date night :-)!

The weekend was great. We had a church picnic Saturday and then between setup at 2 and 10pm, had time off (No Sat. service). Sunday was cool. I got to check out the kids areas and service was great. Best of all, two first time decisions for Christ! We also had two people checking out the possibility of serving with our New Believers Team. God is so GOOD! I also got to talk with someone who was getting a divorce, and at the hearing they decided to reconcile! What an answer to prayer!

In the afternoon, Paige made chicken and dumplings and we had family lunch. It's about the only time we get to spend time as a whole family and it is a highlight of my week. We always have extra "family" that the boys bring and that's always a blessing too.

If you haven't checked out http://swerve.lifechurch.tv/ you should! In this week's Swerve Lab, they asked my question about new believers. I am anxious to get to know what other churches are doing to minister to new believers and if there are others who focus on this ministry area that I can connect with.

Mixed sports week! Colorado lost the series :-(, USC lost to Oregon :-(, ASU beat Cal :-), the Raiders lost :-), my DVR missed the last 2 laps of the NASCAR race :-(. This week ASU plays Oregon, Colts play the Patriots, and the Suns kick off the NBA season!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home