Thursday, October 25, 2007

Two Minute Tuesday - on Thursday

I can't believe that it's Thursday already. This week flew by! It was a great week.

One of the best days of the week was Wednesday. I took the day to "withdraw" to study and pray. I haven't done that for a while, and I will be making it a point to do this regularly.

Usually when I do this, God challenges me personally in my spiritual life and gives me vision and ideas for ministry. This day was different. God has been "disturbing me" (Thanks Craig G. for putting it that way!) lately and this was a good day to hear from Him. The thing is, instead of answers, I got more questions. I felt as if God was leading me through questions instead of answers.

I have been reading a book called "Static" which has really been challenging me, and yesterday I read through "Reveal". The combination of the two books, what I'm reading in Isaiah, and things God is challenging me with all came together to create some powerful questions for myself, my personal ministry, and my ministry at Palm Valley Church.

Here's a sample: It sounds like an easy question, but why did Jesus come? Simple, He came to save the lost right? Not so fast! Is that what Scripture really says? Is the meaning of what it says the same meaning those who were there understood? Is the meaning what we attach to it today in a post-modern society? Is the meaning universal?

Once we understand why Jesus came, the next question is: Are we communicating that message to people today, in our culture, in a way that they can understand and grap hold of? If they grap hold of Christ, are we really helping them take their next steps, or are we just teaching "important" stuff?

I thought I had the answers, until yesterday. Thanks for disturbing me God! Now my prayer is that God unfolds the answers clearly, quickly, and in a way that I can transfer to others what I learn.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home