Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Two Minute Tuesday

Do you really love people? Do you live out 1 Corinthians 13 or is it a quaint poetic passage to pull out when you talk about marriage?

These are questions that I have had to re-ask myself in the past couple of weeks. Sometimes the people we encounter are "unlovely" and "difficult". I'll be honest in saying that I struggle sometimes in loving these people. God is really nailing me on this right now. I've been praying hard and studying and asking God to change my heart and to help me serve these people as I serve anyone else. I have been asking Him to create in me a desire to serve "the least of these". I don't want to do a program, and I don't want to do an event, I want to truly desire to make a lifestyle change and see God use me in some way in this area.

I share this personal struggle and challenge you, as we seek to connect people to Christ through our New Believer's ministry we need to exude the love of Christ. Often, people are drawn to Christ in their most desparate of times. We need to not only tell them about the next thing we want them to do, we need to minister to their needs!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home