Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Catalyst & Vacation Thoughts

I am on vacation this week :-)! Paige is off of school for fall break this week and next, so I took this week off so that we could spend some time together. I'll be back at it next Monday, but I am really enjoying the time off. I actually slept in one day!

We are going to CA to spend some time with family and especially my mom. I can't wait to see her. I wish she lived with us, but my oldest sister has that privilege right now. On Saturday we are going to the Highland Games. I'll blog about that next week, and no I won't be wearing a kilt!

This past week I had the opportunity to go to the Catalyst conference in Atlanta. I can honestly say that I learned something from each of the speakers, though more from some than others. I'll blog about that more next week. Overall, the challenge to me was multi-faceted.

1. Are you willing to lead like Jesus and show your leadership by laying everything aside to serve in even the most meanial of tasks?

2. Do you really love Jesus? Enough to do whatever He asks of you and not shrink back from any of it?

3. Do you love the church and people you serve? If you don't, leave the church or get out of ministry.

More later, but those are some things I am praying through right now. I'm also reading a really great book that I discovered at the converence that is challenging my views on evangelism and how the Gospel relates to culture. I hope to finish it this weekend.

More later!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home