Sunday, October 14, 2007

Real Men Wear Kilts!

Vacation is over and I'll be back in the office tomorrow. Mixed emotions! It was really good to be away, but at the same time, I can't wait to get back!

Saturday, Paige and I spent time with my mom and oldest sister Deb at the Highland Games in Ventura, CA. I came real close to buying a kilt. I've always wanted one, but it's just not a priority and they're expensive! While the USA is my nation, Scotland is my heritage and I love history, especially that of my family. We learned that we actually descended from the Vikings before marrying in to Scotland. We discovered that Paige has Scottish blood as well.

We had a great time watching the strength games. They couldn't do the caber toss because it was too wet and would have been dangerous, but we got to see everything else. We even got to see sheep dogs at work. It was really amazing to watch the power under control that these dogs have.

I'm not done yet, but I have been reading the book "Static" and it is really challenging me with some things I didn't know about some cultural issues related to the Gospel. I love Biblical history and exploring the historical/cultural aspects of stories and words. This book is challenging by views on evangelism and how we not only lead people to Christ, but how we take them through the next steps. I'll write more on that once I'm finished.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10/22/2007 3:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really should look into getting yourself a kilt, the feeling when you put it on is second to none. Checkout some of the kilts at ScottishKilts.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home