Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend Reflections - OFF THE HOOK!

Every Pastor has moments in ministry that they will never forget. This weekend one of those moments happened to me.

As we continued the "UnCertainty" series, Greg really hit it on "How do I survive a down market" what a timely message! In the middle of the message was a video of Daniel's trip to Vision, Haiti. What a cool name for a town! We're going to help build a church building there (God already is building the church!).

To see how others live is a great way to remind ourselves how blessed we are, even in a down market. To many in the world, a down market would be several steps up from where they are at daily.

The best way to survive a down market is to focus on Christ. What better way to do that than baptism! We baptized 48 people this weekend! I am so sore! Praise God! That's not even the best part!

I began this entry writing about moments you never forget. Sunday morning that happened. As I asked one man if he had accepted Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Savior he replied matter of factly, NO! Here I am, standing in the baptism pool, this husband and wife are there to be baptized together, and he says that he hasn't accepted Jesus. What would you do?

I asked, are you making that decision now, giving your life to Him, and obeying Him in baptism? To this he said yes! Right there in the pool he accepted Christ to be his savior. How cool is that! People really cheered. Of all the people that were baptized, including Greg's oldest son, this is the one I will remember. People were following Christ by being baptized, some had been following Him for several years, but hadn't taken this step. For them, this was the next step in their journey. Here was a man going all in. Not just being baptized, but totally giving his life to Christ in that moment. His journey began Sunday. Afterward, I said happy birthday. A birthday that I will never forget.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10/27/2007 8:58 AM , Blogger Susie said...

I had the privilege of seeing some of the baptisms that weekend but I missed this awesome one.
When Art told me about, I got choked up! This is what I love about PVC...reaching lost souls and taking advantage of every moment!! Thanks for all you do!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home