Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Isaiah - Chapter 42

Verses 18-20 are in your face powerful.

Oh, how deaf and blind you are toward me! Why won't you listen? Why do you refuse to see? Who in all the world is as blind as my own people, my servant? Who is as deaf as my messengers? Who is as blind as my chosen people, the servant of the Lord? You see and understand what is right but refuse to act on it. You hear, but you don't really listen.

As much as God was speaking to Judah and the people of Jerusalem, he is speaking to the church and to Christians today. We see God at work and don't celebrate. We say we trust Him, yet worry ourselves sick. We understand what His Word says, but don't do it.

How many Christians go to church, but don't serve according to their giftedness and don't connect to the church community. We tell God by telling the church that we are too busy for Him that we don't have time for Him. Life is to hectic and we can't commit to anything, yet sign up for all kinds of things in the world (things that aren't necessarily bad, but they are if they prevent you from living the life God intended). Aren't we to serve God every day of our lives, not just a couple of times per month?

Just because I serve God every day doesn't let me off the hook. There are plenty of things times that I miss opportunities to live what God is teaching me. I use the excuse that I'm too busy or that I'm not comfortable doing that just like averyone else does. I work hard at doing more and more things regardless of my comfort level, regardless of my time schedule. The Bible also says to be doers of the Word and not merely hearers only. Every day I want to be more of a doer, how about you?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home