Thursday, September 13, 2007

Isaiah - Taunting

In the NFL taunting is a penalty. In water cooler talk, it's expected. I love to root for my teams (Go USC Trojans! Go Angels! Go Diamondbacks (I can have an American and National League team - if they play each other, I'm rooting for the Angels)! Go Anaheim Ducks (Yes, I root for the Coyotes when I'm at a game if they aren't playing the Ducks)! Go Phoenix Suns! Sorry, no clear favorite NFL team, though I mostly root for the Colts - I like Payton Manning - and Bengals - I like Carsen Palmer, and I root for anyone playing against the Raiders!) and degrade all others.

In my study of Isaiah, chapter 36 records the taunt of the Assyrian king as he prepared to go up against Judah. What a great taunt! He nailed them on everthing including saying that no one else's god could save them, why did Judah think that their God would save them. He even told them that God was behind him. He said that they would be so hungry and thirsty that they would "eat their own dung and drink thier own urine." That's extreme! The people were in despair. They felt defeated just hearing the taunt. That's effective use of language!

I can't wait to see what happens next :-)! Will Judah's God show up? Stay tuned!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home