Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Rewind

- What an amazingly powerful weekend at Palm Valley Church! If you weren't there, make sure that you watch the video at http://www.palmvalley.org/ (It should be up sometime on Tuesday).

- The message on depression was made more powerful by the testimony Julie did about her own struggle in this area. Thank you for being honest and so vulnerable!

- At the end of the message people had an opportunity to release baggage that they had been holding onto. The bags were then hung on the cross to symbolize that Jesus carries our burdens and the sin and guilt of those things were nailed there with Him.

- We also had the Fresh Start Class this weekend. Attendance was light, but it was important for those who were there. I think that was a God thing, because after Saturday night we were able to care for the needs of someone in the class, and then again on Sunday I had the privilege of praying with another who's life has been greatly impacted by God.

- Saturday night we got the chance to hang out with two of the coolest people I know. Terri and Linda have been faithful servants of the Fresh Start ministry since it began. They are transitioning to another area of service. I will miss them in FS, but am glad they will be doing something they really love, and I will still see them around the church. It's important in a church to allow people to move to different ministries when they feel led, and without guilt! Often, when someone leaves a ministry in a church, they also end up leaving the church because so much pressure and guilt has been placed on them. At PVC we encourage people to try out different things and do what God calls them to do in accordance with their SHAPE.

- It's so cool to see when religion turns into relationship in people's lives. I got to see that this weekend.

- This was the first run of the revised FS material. I'm so glad Ryan was able to sit in on Sunday's class. There were a couple of things he picked up on that will be really helpful going forward. I was having trouble with one of the transitions and he picked up on it as well and had a great solution. I love having a team that supports, encourages, and challenges each other. It sounds weird, but I couldn't wait to get his feedback. It's not about me, or any of us who teach, it's about making sure the right message gets conveyed in a way that best accomplishes what is intended.

- I can't wait for next weekend!

- By the way, besides the normal pain and fatigue, I felt great this weekend. I was careful not to overdo (too much). Thanks for all the prayers! God protected me and gave me strength this weekend. To Him be all glory and honor and praise!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home